A car battery is what keeps the car running, right? It can also lead to some technical issues when you do not take care of it properly.
The Sump Pump Example and How It Relates To A Car Battery
The sump pump is there to keep everything running smoothly in the basement, similar to how a car battery keeps the car running, preventing mishaps like overheating, overcharging, and fluid problems. A sump pump keeps everything in the basement running smoothly, including preventing floods.
How often should a sump pump run?
They last for about ten years, and then, they need replacing. Now you can add a backup battery to the sump pump to increase the life expectancy, but you should check with your plumber before you try it.
The same thing applies to your car battery. You need to keep an eye on maintenance or else your battery will die sooner than expected.
A few Suggestions On How To Keep Your Car Battery Running For Longer
1) You may want to skip the heat garages when you park your car. A heated garage will rust your car battery. That causes your battery to die much sooner.
You want to keep your car in a well-insulated garage, especially during the winter months. That will preserve your car battery for much longer. It will also reduce the chances of you having to buy a new one sooner.
2) You need to keep the dirt and debris away from the battery. Dirt causes damage to your battery, much like your sump pump. Your sump will become damaged that much sooner. Your car battery is going to be that much weaker when it is eroded with dirt.
3) Do you want to go cheap? Try insulating the battery on the inside. Insulation provides more coverage It also helps to preserve the lifeline.
4) Do you want to know how to not overcharge the battery? Use a solar charge. It is pure energy coming from the sun. Fill your battery up with solar and you have just extended the life of your car battery.
5) You can also add water to the battery. Click for instructions on how to do it. This is one tip that needs to be followed to the letter or else you may damage the battery in the process.
The Sump Pump and Car Battery Relations
Can you use your car battery to power your sump pump in your basement? You can, but you need to ask a professional for instructions.
Another similarity between the two lies in the question: How often should a sump pump run? Much like the car battery, a sump pump should not run continuously. It is a sign something is wrong. The same thing applies to your car battery. The goal is to extend the life of each, not take away the years.